A Basic UNIX Tutorial
This tutorial comprises fourteen sections, each of which addresses a
fundamental aspect of UNIX computing. It concentrates on illustrating the
central concepts by providing short explanations, along with examples,
Table of Contents
- A broad description of the UNIX operating system.
- General methods of accessing UNIX computers.
- Gaining access to your UNIX account.
- How to enter UNIX commands.
- Storing and manipulating files.
- How to manage input and ouput.
- Creating processing pipelines.
- Managing processes.
- More on managing processes.
- The environment under which shell commands and programs run.
- Personalizing your UNIX shell environment.
- Tips and tricks to enhance your efficiency with the command line interface.
- A closer look at UNIX files and directories.